Extremely elated with how my dream board turned out! (: Rather simple but I’m not artistic so it’s okay hahahaha
Quotes and reminders to spur me on as I get closer to A levels; and of course, POLAROIDS with my loves ❤️
This question is very appropriate right now as I am writing an essay that I have absolutely no motivation to write. Here are some of my most frequently used methods:
- Rewards - I used to do this thing called NaNoWriMo where you write a novel in 30 days. This requires quite a lot of writing per day. When I did this, I would tell myself that “When I’ve written x # of words, I will have this or that” So I would reward myself for writing a given amount. Most often though, I just made myself some food and put it right beside my laptop, telling myself that “No. You’re not allowed to have any until you’ve written x # of words.” For studying, I absolutely do not recommend not eating, but consider the reward thing.
- Studyblrs! - I know that getting off tumblr can be hard, but for me it has gotten significantly easier after I started being a studyblr instead of a fandom blog. When I go on tumblr I am constantly inspired to actually study and do well in school, and that helps motivate me to study.
- Tidy your study space - Do not do this excessively, because then it becomes a method of procrastination all on its own. However, I know that I can’t start studying if the area around me (aka. my desk) is not tidy. Before I can start I have to tidy it, then I take a photo and post it to tumblr, and then I start.
- Timer - Decide that you are going to start in five minutes, and then set an actual timer. Move to your desk and get ready, so that when the timer goes off, you can just start immediately
Also, I’d recommend writing down your goals. Put them up on the wall by where you study so that you can see them and remember why you are doing this. Now go study, anon! You can do this, I believe in you!
Listen to him, he’s got it figured out
I’m really enjoying school so far ! My teachers are amazing ( the ones I met so far) and the people in my classes are also really nice :) I hope this two years pass super quick and I can finally go to uni !!:) I can see my all time favorite goal already its so near and I can’t believe it !:) Im just so happy with my life at the moment !:) What about you ?:)
I really enjoy school too! And I hope 9th grade goes by fast so that I can finally come into 10th grade :) (Oberstufe yay ;)) Have a great evening!
I planned ahead, and my schedule has never looked so clean/empty before.
We get so worried about being pretty. Let’s be pretty kind. Pretty funny. Pretty smart. Pretty strong.
Britt Nicole (via ocean-chasing)
hey. I'm quite a shy person in class like I don't talk that much and participate a lot during the lessons. And today I talked to my history teacher who said that I'd get a D if I keep on only participating in class so little and I want to know how to improve and get myself involved during class discussions/questions my teacher has for the class. I just don't know how I can say any more than I do..
Hello !:) Since I’m one of those people who can never really stop talking I may have some advices or you :
- if you are a bit self conscious about your answers in class try to sit down before each class and study a bit more than you were supposed to maybe you get the chance to go for one of the things you studied out the night before( i like to do that for my maths class )
- Don’t think about it too much ! If you think about what could go wrong you won’t ever participate ! Just say something it doesn’t matter if its the most brilliant idea you’ve had so far or just a thing that makes your teacher realize you are paying attention
- And last but not least: try to improve talking in front of others ( this may be the main reason you have there ) you need to stand up and talk about something to get this feeling for speaking in front of people you know ?:) Try to start in front of your mirror, your family and your friends and then maybe people you don’t know that well :)
I hope this helped you out a bit and your almost D turns into a C or a B :) Good Luck for that and thank you for asking me :)x
These are photos of students preparing for their Gaokao exams in China. I don’t know if this is your cup of tea but for me this reminds me that there are millions of kids my age who study far longer and far harder than I do…And that the things I currently study for my exams are nothing compared to what Mainlanders do.
Forge on my friends, forge on. You are capable of things far beyond your imagination.